Jul 2, 2014
Answer Key UGC NET JRF June 2014 Exam - Paper 1 : General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (W-Series) : Part 1 (Un-official & Not Final)
1. Break-down in verbal communication is described as
(A) Short Circuit
2. The Telephone Model of Communication was first developed in the area of
(A) Technological theory
(B) Dispersion theory
(C) Minimal effects theory
(D) Information theory
3. The Dada Saheb Phalke Award for 2013 has been conferred on
(A) Karan Johar
(B) Amir Khan
(C) Asha Bhonsle
4. Photographs are not easy to
5. The grains that appear on a television set when operated are also referred to as
(B) Green Dots
(D) Rain Drops
6. In circular communication, the encoder becomes a decoder when there is
7. In a post-office, stamps of three different denominations of Rs 7, Rs 8, Rs 10 are available. The exact amount for which one cannot buy stamps is
Answer: (A) Need to re-think
8. In certain coding method, the word QUESTION is encoded as DOMESTIC. In this coding, what is the code word for the word RESPONSE?
9. lf the series 4,5,8,13,14,17,22,........ is continued in the same pattern, which one of the following is not a term of this series?
10. Complete the series BB, FE, II, ML, PP: ..:........by choosing one of the following option given :
11. A man started walking frorn his house towards south. After walking 6 km, he turned to his left walked 5 Km after. Then he walked further 3 km after turning left. He then turned to his left and continued his walk for 9 km. How far is he away from his house?
(A) 3 km
(B) 4 km
(C) 5 km
(D) 6 km
12. One writes all numbers from 50 to 99 without the digits 2 and 7. How many numbers have been written?
13. "lf a large diamond is cut up into little bits it will lose its value just as an army is divided up into small units of soldiers. It loses its strength." The argument put above may be called as
14. Given below are some characteristics of logical argument. Select the code which expresses a characteristic which is not of inductive in character.
(A) The conclusion is claimed to follow from its premises.
(B) The conclusion is based on causal relation.
(C) The conclusion conclusively follows from its premises.
(D) The conclusion is based on observation and experiment
15. If two propositions having the same subject and predicate terms can both be true but cannot both be false, the relation between those two propositions is called
16. Given below are two premises and four conclusions drawn from those premises. Select the code that expresses conclusion drawn validly from the premises (separately or jointly).
(a) All dogs are mammals.
(b) No cats are dogs.
(i) No cats are mammals
(ii) Some cats are mammals.
(iii) No Dogs are cats
(iv) No dogs are non-mammals.
(A) (i) only
(B) (i) and (ii)
(C) (iii) and (iv)
(D) (ii) and (iii)
17. Given below is a diagram of three circles A, B & C inter-related with each of Indians. The circle B represents the class of scientists and circle C represents the class of politicians. p,q,r,s... represent different regions. Select the code containing the region that indicates the class of Indian scientists who are not politicians.
(A) q and s only
(B) s only
(C) s and r only
(D) p, q and s only